... I'm a legal alien, I'm an alien in Nairobi.
I am now an officially certified alien. I have the card to prove it. Although, confusingly, I applied on the 12th April (hence the date of issue above), it was finally ready today, about 6 weeks later, and it expires on 29th June, a month tomorrow. I don't know if I have to go through this process every month or not. The Department of Immigration is based in Nyayo House, which used to contain the 'infamous' torture chambers reserved for political opponents under the old regime. I believe they've kept the same customer service department.
So I've spent most of this afternoon trawling various government websites to find out how one goes about renewing the card, or whole long it should be valid for. Obviously, I haven't found anything remotely useful, but I did come across this, which struck me as slightly peculiar.
Is that a very natural combination?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.